FREE SKILLS TRAINING
The Skills Support for the Workforce Programme is a free service, created to help small to medium-sized employers turn their business growth plans into reality by upskilling their existing workforce. We work with employers to identify their skills gaps and recommend bespoke training plans which will give their workforce they skills they need to grow the business. And the best bit – we even deliver the training for free.
The Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP, working with Skills Support for the Workforce, is seeking the views of employers in the region. We appreciate that this is a difficult time for many organisations.
This survey is being conducted to update and inform workforce development priorities for Greater Birmingham and Solihull. The aim of the research is to identify the needs of local employers and the workforce. It also takes into account the recent impact which COVID-19 may have had on your business. We'd really like to hear your thoughts on BREXIT too.
We are keen to hear from employers of all sizes (including sole traders) and from all sectors. Please share your views by completing a short survey (10-15 minutes) available at bit.ly/3dcNoRa before the deadline of 30th November 2020.
This is a real opportunity for Employers to influence the future skills development and available support in the region.
MICROSOFT OFFICE TRAINING
This fully funded programme is suitable for employees who are using IT within their job role and need to develop their skills further.2030
The programme will help develop expertise and competence in IT and to apply knowledge, understanding and skills to a level recognised by the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) published by e-skills UK. On successful completion of the programme the employee will be awarded a Level 2 qualification in IT User Skills, accredited by NCFE.
Employees will learn:
- How to identify security issues and threats.
- Essential skills to meet GDPR compliance.
- How to use formulas and functions to improve productivity and accuracy.
- How to present and analyse data.
- Professional presentation techniques.
- Save time and money by utilising the full functionality of applications.
- Avoid being the victim of malicious online activity
CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING
This fully funded programme is suitable for employees who are using Customer Service within their job role and need to develop their skills further.
Whether your goal is to build a more positive face to face customer experience or enhance satisfaction, our FREE Customer Service Excellence Training can be adapted to the needs of your employees.
Employees will learn:
- How to create a professional first impression.
- To manage and develop customer relationships.
- How customer service impacts on the success of the organisation.
- Techniques on how to respond to complaints and problems.
- Audience appropriate communication.
- Legislation used in customer service.
- Positive customer experience.
- Reduction in customer complaints and escalation to management.
- A confident, responsive and customer focussed workforce.
TEAM LEADING TRAINING
This fully funded programme is suitable for employees who are looking to strengthen and monitor team performance and develop their team leading skills.
This qualification is aimed at individuals working within a team leading role or aspiring to be a team leader in a variety of workplace settings and sectors. Team leading will help to develop leadership responsibilities, as well as manage and provide direction to a team.
Employees will learn:
- How to develop working relationships.
- To understand the importance of information exchange and feedback.
- How to identify work related difficulties and find possible solutions.
- Leadership styles.
- How to motivate, support and encourage a team.
- Principles of resource management.
- How to monitor and undertake development effectively.
- How to lead team members to achieve team objectives.
- Planning and allocating work.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of team members
- Strong skillset equips managers to succeed in the constantly evolving workplace.
- Increase staff performance levels.
- Boost your leader’s motivation.
- Increase leader’s confidence by developing management techniques.