PET-Xi’s barrier breaking Positive Directions Programme has been developed to help 15-24 year olds Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) - or at risk of becoming so in Stoke and Staffordshire.
PET-Xi Positive Directions have engaged with over 20 school's and college's, working with over 800 students across year 10 and 11. Currently 84% of the students that have completed and achieved an accredited level 2 qualification.
We provide a positive environment to learn and develop
Adam Nash, Vice Principal at St Peter’s CofE Academy Praised the Positive Directions project
"We have been working with PET-Xi for a number of years working in partnership to help our learners achieve the best of their abilities. PET-Xi’s high staffing ratios, highly engaging staff and highquality resources can have an amazing impact on confidence, resilience, motivation and of course outcomes. We are delighted to be working with PET-Xi on the Positive Directions project, students that have so far received support from PET-Xi have an approved attitude to learning and are reengaged in their subjects, they are attending school and behaviour points have been reduced.’
Positive Directions project is designed to:
- Enable young people to access early interventions, supporting them to stay in education, employment or training.
- Help young people between different educational stages and their career paths (for example higher or further education, employment or training).
- To support young people who are NEET or have a clear risk of becoming NEET identified
There are five key aspects of the provision:
- Engagement discussions with learners (and parents and staff) to encourage participation. This will take the form of a one-to-one meeting with our project team leader at the school once the learners have been selected.
- Individual learning plans and ESF paperwork completed by the PET-Xi team leader and IAG.
- Accredited Level 2 vocational outcomes - it is an invaluable qualification that will not only boost confidence but is a great asset for future employability.
- Non-accredited achievement to support outcomes in Maths and English - PET-Xi Topic Focus days.
- Progression - we help to secure progression into sustainable further education, training or employment
PET-Xi work with the learners/ referral source to discuss their future goals to choose the level 2 that will benefit them most. Many learners are choosing to complete multiple programmes with us.
The qualifications are:
- IT User Skills Level 2
- Customer Services level 2
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Employability Level 2
IT User skills
Learners will gain a portfolio-based Level 2 IT Qualification. This 5-day intensive course is designed around supporting students to enhance their employability prospects with a nationally recognised qualification, developing IT skills in Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Health and social Care – preparing to work in the adult care sector.
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding. It is aimed at those preparing to work in adult social care and aims to introduce knowledge only around areas relating to adult social care
Level 2 Customer Service
Customer services programme is delivered over 4 days. This course is suitable for learners who are exploring using Customer Service within their current job role and need to develop their skills further. Students will learn, how to create a professional first impression, how to manage and develop customer relationships and techniques on how to respond to complaints and problems using different communication methods.
Level 2 Personal Development for Employability
The objective of these qualifications is to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace. The content of the qualification is designed to be flexible for learners to achieve a variety of employment-based skills, along with a number of work-related tasters.
Non accredited Maths and English
Designed to support outcomes in Maths and English. Topic Focus days are intensive, immersive, revision days with high staffing ratios and amazing classroom resources.
Resilience will be embedded within our programme to ensure learners are empowered within their learning and to ensure they are in a position to move forward within both their education and the future world of work. This will include elements of employability skills, confidence building and personal development. Star Performer, our unique personal performance indicator, will not only measure but also drive personal behaviours such as contributions within the class, timekeeping, teamwork and personal presentation.
Contact Leia Welland
to reserve your place on 07341 562979
or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and she will call you back