A £2 billion investment by the government to try and prevent young people in a difficult jobs market from becoming reliant on Universal Credit over the long term.
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds.
The government has introduced a new Kickstart Scheme in Great Britain, a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
If you’re creating fewer than 30 job placements
If your organisation is creating fewer than 30 job placements, you cannot apply directly. You must partner with other organisations in order to create a minimum of 30 job placements before applying. Other organisations could include:
- Similar employers
- Local authorities
- Trade bodies
- Registered charities
PET-Xi is here to support the wide range of employers that will make the Kickstart Scheme a success, acting as intermediaries we can support employers with fewer than 30 placements access the Kickstart Scheme. We are also there to support smaller organisations who may lack expertise or resource to deliver support to a young person at risk of long term unemployment to help them build their skills.
Did you know, when taking on young people to the Kickstart Scheme, your business is entitled to upto £1500 to help with costs , including training? PET-Xi have a programme designed to fit around your business needs, and ensure the best possible outcomes for your business and the participant.
For £750, which is only 50% of your training allocation, we can take the pressure of the required employability and additional training they need during their 6 month placement.
Choose between the below Level 2 qualifications;
- Customer Service
- IT User Skills
- Team Leading
As well as a choice of CPD training, example of which are below;
- Time Management
- Conflict Management
- Effective Teamwork
- Giving Customers a Good Impression
- Principles of Promoting Additional Sales and Promotions
- CV building
- Career Fit
All training can be delivered nationally and is currently delivered remotely, using our unique ‘Live Learning’ platform. Delivery is flexible and bespoke to your business needs.
If you are an employer looking to create job placements for young people, you could use the Kickstart Scheme to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. The job placements should support the participants to develop the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme.
- Funding is available for 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. There is also £1,500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training.
- Funding is available following a successful application process. Applications must be for a minimum of 30 job placements. If you are unable to offer this many job placements, you can partner with other organisations to reach the minimum number.
- Participants on the Kickstart scheme may move on to an Apprenticeship at any time during, or after their job placement.