PET-Xi is once again running their Active Summer programme during the summer holidays!
Designed to fully re-engage young learners to be ready to return to formal learning environments in the new term, Active Summer suits learners of all abilities. Following months of lockdown due to the Covid-19 outbreak, this is more essential than ever.
Let’s all RESET, REWIRE, and RECOVER!
The aim of Active Summer is to help re-invigorate and re-energise learners for learning after a prolonged absence from the classroom environment. This caters for all year groups and all abilities to ensure all pupils have an equal chance of getting the most out of their education.
These sessions will be run in small groups in person (with safety precautions in place) or interactively online using the brilliant PET-Xi Live platforms!
Active Summer ensures learners reengage with peers, builds the confidence and self-esteem of learners when approaching new skills, and the learners continue to do interactive learning with Experts and childcare professionals.
The activities in Active Summer are all focused and fun with embedded learning, ensuring learners feel comfortable and relaxed when taking part, learning without even realising it! All activities make sure learners are either physically or mentally energised throughout (or both), to get the most out of their potential in the curriculum.
Activities included on the course cover a variety of important subjects, which include:
- Arts and Crafts: completing art projects interactively and through voluntary assignments
- Community: looking at local communities and how learners can work to improve their community through practical action and discussion
- Education: closing the gaps in education that have occurred over months removed from the classroom environment
- Showcasing and Performing: performance based creative outlets including singing, dancing, and drama
- Sports and Fitness: working with learners through sporting activities to improve the health of the body and mind
- Wellbeing: tracking mental health and working with learners to understand how they can be more conscious of the mental health of themselves and those around them
Active Summer has been a great success with PET-Xi in previous year, and with an even longer period of transition to all students during Covid-19, this essential programme is more important than ever.
For further information and to book your place, please go to https://www.pet-xi.co.uk/programmes/schools/active-summer-programme