Year 6 Maths SATs Booster
Five day maths course
This maths course incorporates all the necessary elements within KS2 and we guarantee that 70% of pupils will move one sub–level between Day 1 and Day 5 of the course.
All areas of KS2 maths will be covered including the four operations, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication and mental maths.
Design a complete theme park from scratch, incorporating key skills.
- Area and perimeter of the park, individual sections and rides.
- Dividing the areas including garden in mathematical shape names.
- 2D and 3D shapes for buildings.
- Nets for working out shapes for buildings including closed cubes.
- Area and volume of buildings.
- Co-ordinates to plot out the four quadrants of the theme park.
- Positive and negative numbers.
- Angles for making rides.
- Rotation for rides.
- Coat of entrance to theme park.
- Family tickets.
- Ratio and proportion.
- Conversion rates for buying tickets abroad.
- Cost of advertising in foreign countries and time zones.
- Staff wages
Create a themed restaurant including menu and floor plan
- Area and perimeter
- Capacity of restaurant
- Menu designed for 100 people
- Weights and measures for recipes
- Cooking times 12hr and 24hr clock
- Data handling tally charts and bar charts for theme park and restaurant
- Percentage profits
Pupils will give a Dragon’s Den style presentation in their groups to show the plan and theme park they have created.