Start Date : As soon as possible
Salary : £26k- £28.5k
PET-Xi training are recruiting into their Vocational Team and have a vacancy for a Lead Internal Quality Assurance.
• Deliver high quality learning and qualification to learners, provide robust IQA processes for Apprenticeships and skills.
• Lead, motive and develop a team of assessors
• Work with the Quality Manager to ensure compliance
• Manage and collect feedback from learners on programme
• Monitor quality of delivery within the programmes and report as necessary to the QM
• Ensure compliance, quality and consistency of assessment.
• Manage and quality assure all qualifications within the scope of area of responsibility.
• Prepare sampling plans for Internal QA
• Set up, prepare and minute meetings
• Organise and run external QA visits
• Deal with action plans from external QA visits
• Maintain trackers for completion of qualifications and functional skills.
• Ensure qualification units chosen meet the full qualification and its framework
• Ensure all Apprenticeship programmes delivered are Ofsted and awarding body compliant
• Ensure all assessors/ trainers/tutors meet minimum requirements for vocational compliance
• Working with the curriculum team to ensure Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans meet the requirements of the awarding body.
• Carry out assessor, trainer or tutor moderation observations
• Ensure competency of staff to carry out initial assessment and inductions, vocational and functional skills of learners
• Check the learning plan of individual training needs has been adhered to
• Check the compilation of portfolios and to monitor the quality of evidence
• Responsible for the monitoring and tracking the assessment and quality of assurance provided
• Ensure the correct assessor is allocated to all new starters
• Meet with assessors on a regular basis to review caseloads
• Liaise with the operations department to ensure all learners are registered on correct qualifications
• Work with the curriculum team to develop new standards
• Prepare monthly reports
• Compete paperwork in accordance with awarding body, funding and audits requirements
• To support the ethos of PET-Xi, its recruitment and marketing activities
Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience of delivering against government funded work based learning contracts
• Experience of working within a commercial fast-paced training environment
• Ability to coach
• Experience of internally verifying learners work
• Experience of managing Awarding Bodies relationships and EQA visits
• Experience of delivering training and support
• Excellent knowledge of QCF qualifications at levels 2-6 across teaching and management areas
• Good knowledge of functional skills and delivery methodology
• Good knowledge of Specification of Apprenticeship Standards for England
• Experience of implementing change and staff development across a diverse team
• Supportive Can-Do attitude
• The ability to manage your own timetable and work to strict deadlines on your own initiative
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications
• V1 or equivalent
• A1/Assessing Vocational Achievement awards or equivalent
• Desirable- Vocational Qualifications at Level 3 or above
• Desirable- L4 Award in Preparing to Teach in the lifelong sector or equivalent
The Disability Confident scheme aims to help us successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. Being Disability Confident is a unique opportunity for us to continue to lead the way in our community, we might just discover that someone our business can’t do without. If you have a disability or health condition, be confident that we will not discriminate or judge your application for any of our roles.
We are recruiting!
Welcome to the PET-Xi Careers page. Here you’ll find our latest vacancies and simple steps to apply to be part of something amazing!
We are a passionate, fast paced and friendly bunch of people and hope that you find your ideal role in our vacancies. If not, make sure you register your details with us so we can let you know if a perfect position comes up soon.
In our latest employee engagement survey, PET-Xi scored an amazing 92% (up 2% from Dec 2015 and outperforming the UK average of 68%). We know that employee engagement goes beyond motivation and simple job satisfaction, it’s also seen as a combination of commitment to the organisation and its values with a willingness to help colleagues around them and improve wellbeing, which is why we know it’s the people of PET-Xi that make the difference and make us such an amazing place to work!
If you would like to be part of something amazing and see a role that’s perfect for you, please download and complete our Application Form.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join our successful teams. If you don’t see a live vacancy that fits your skill set in our current list of opportunities, please submit a speculative application using our contact form which will be sent directly to our Recruitment team.
If you wish to apply for any of these roles, please apply directly to [email protected]